Monday, February 25, 2013

February Artworks


Well, February has not been a busy month for creating art for me. I have managed to paint a few acrylic paintings in my spare time.

These are all acrylic paintings on canvas. The Horses, Silver Chaser with Pears and  Roosevelt Island paintings are larger: 16x20 and the Red Poppy and Orchids are somewhat smaller 11x14. The Red Poppy is a tribute to Georgia O'Keefe, in case you recognized the work. I enjoy doing tribute paintings because it helps me understand the artist and their process. Point being: paint what inspires you, rather than waiting for the big inspiration which cramps the creative flow.

I enjoy working in acrylics because they have the same depth of color as oils without the excessive drying time and odor. 



No comments:

Post a Comment